Monday, April 13, 2009

Week of April 13, 2009

Welcome Back!

I hope you all had a restful break from school. Personally, I had a great break and I feel re- energized for the final run to the end of the school year. As I watched this morning's weather forecast, I saw 60 degrees in this week's forecast. I am sure that will feel great!

Just to show the "principal" side of me, I just want to convey the need to finish the school year strong. As the weather does improve, and as the outdoor activities take hold, it is easy to let the studies slide a little. Please do your best to encourage your child to finish this year off doing their best!

Thanks again for your continued support.


MEAP Scores Released

The Fall 2008 MEAP scores have been released and Creekside did well. While I must pay some attention to how we stack up against other schools, I pay the most attention to how each child improves from one year to the next. In this respect, over 90% of the kids at Creekside improved their score in all areas! That is very exciting.

If you would like to see our scores you can click on the link below. If you want to know the percent of students that passed the area you will want to look a the line titled "Met or Exceeded".

https://oeaa.state.mi.us/oeaa/directory/searchDisplay.asp?Search=1&DCode=70350